Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 Per Annum
My client are a front runner in their field, synonymous with superb design and performance, and a track record of innovative products used the world over.
Due to continued growth, and strong sales performance in 2017 and into next year, they are looking to recruit and experienced electronics service technician, who has a background in fault finding audio and visual equipment both onsite and remotely if required. Reporting into the Operations Director, and working closely with the manufacturing team, the service and support functions are responsible for supporting the design, test and assembly stages and providing timely and effective support to the clients customers and end users.
As Service Technician your role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Assisting customers remotely (using mediums such as video calls, instant messaging, email, phone or WebEx, and sometimes travelling to the clients site) in diagnosing the cause of their problems in a helpful and courteous manner
– Meeting or exceeding customer expectations with regard to timely and effective resolution of problems including, but not limited to the repair of returned units or supply of tested parts.
– Prevention of customer problems by providing feedback of common misunderstandings and set up problems.
– Customer liaison and remote diagnosis of field problems
– Scheduling and administration of customer repairs
– Fault diagnosis, repair and service of returned products
– Inputting data into the customer helpdesk software and bug tracking systems
– Monitoring and analysis of field returns and liaison with suppliers and internal departments
Ideally you will have at least 5 years experience in a similar role and possess practical knowledge of a test or service based role in the electronics industry. A HND/HNC in Electronic Engineering is preferred, however a vocational based work history is also of interest. Knowledge of both digital and analogue electronics and appropriate diagnostics strategies for each is essential, with proven trouble shooting skills down to fault finding at component level on PCB’s being a prerequisite. Good failure analysis and reporting skills are required, as data collection and trend spotting for customer service responses are important.
In addition to sound technical skills, you will need to be well organised, thorough and be able to provide a rigorous and structured approach to fault-finding to component level. The position involves an involves an amount of customer liaison regarding remote diagnosis of problems and the progressing of repairs, so good communication skills, a helpful attitude and polite telephone manner are also required attributes.
This role allows the successful individual to be somewhat open with the remit of the position going forward, with the processes and procedures in place still flexible and able to be adapted to suit a particular skill set, so candidates who have successfully developed or built test and service departments in previous are of huge interest.
My client offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or call Kris Feaviour at Revision Recruitment
|Job Category||Service Technician|