Salary: £20.00 – £25.00 Per Hour
My client, a leading manufacturer and designer of special purpose industrial machinery based in Cambridgeshire, are looking to secure the services of a Contract Technical Author for a 6 month term starting in March 2018. This role will be based within the R&D team, and will see the successful candidate working closely with designers, engineers and researchers creating innovative and technically specific products for the global market.
As the Contract Technical Author, you will be required to provide experienced support to the technical publications team by researching, preparing and creating technical documentation to the clients standards, and to the end users satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Enabling both internal and external stakeholders to be proficient by providing effective documentation to allow them to better support the customer based
– Enable customers to safely and effectively operate and maintain the clients product within the legal constraints in place at time of supply.
– To enable the improvement of customer support practice by the provision of controlled documents to standardise procedure and to provide reference information.
– Ensure the R&D departments records and libraries are maintained, and that readers are informed of document changes to allow them to access to the best available information
– To develop and maintain the online technical information content provided to readers
Ideally you will be highly experienced in technical writing, with a proven track record of delivering on requirements for large and complex industrial machinery, and possess a formal engineering qualification – Degree/HND etc. You will have be able to demonstrate a background in technical authoring providing technical product/user manuals, understanding of the documentation process and the roles of other key departments within an R&D led engineering business. Technically, you will ideally have a knowledge of software such as MadCap Flare, Adobe (Framemaker, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) and MS Office packages. Some experience of HTML would be advantageous, but not essential.
If you are interested in this role, and are available in March 2018 for a 6 months contract, please apply below or call Kris Feaviour at Revision Recruitment
|Job Category||Technical Author|